Pho Surprise - Soy House!
Yes, I know today is not phoriday, however I had a chance to try out a pho place in Bellingham so who am I to complain? Today’s special edition of an early phoriday is brought to you by the Soy House in Bellingham. I had a meeting there today and one of our sales people recommended we give it a shot.
First off, in a place with metered parking let me recommend you park your car in the huge lot Soy House has out front. I parked in metered parking and managed to secure a ticket for parking sixty-eight minutes when I’d only paid for sixty minutes of parking. Had I just taken advantage of the parking available I’d not be thirty dollars poorer today.
As for the pho, it was solid though not as perfect as it could be. The stock was beefy and rich, the noodles cooked enough and the toppings for the most part, pretty good.
The two things I found a bit lacking was that as with many pho places the basil was wilted with black spots. Also lacking was that the broth was not piping hot. I prefer to have my soup come to the table as hot as possible. Unfortunately, many pho shops put hot soup into cold bowls which results in a less than piping hot soup.Soup was made to be hot! Pity this was not.
Beyond that, the restaurant was one of the nicest pho places I’ve been to. Wide windows line the front walls and plenty of tables nestle inside.The wait staff paid attention to our needs and the food was delivered to our table quickly and with a minimum of fuss.
Heat Index: C
Overall: C+ (One out of three pho bowls)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- fluuidity reblogged this from midlifecrazyman
- rektified reblogged this from midlifecrazyman
- msicuhlove likes this
- searchingperfection likes this
- hellokatie likes this
- megwhat likes this
- juliegirlie likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- lizlemon likes this
- brewingbakasana likes this
- pretendingtoadult likes this
- seanrrwilkins likes this
- meganz likes this
- justan likes this
- bubblebathformyheart likes this
- its-notyou-itsme likes this
- live-to-the-point-of-tears reblogged this from midlifecrazyman and added:
- becauseshehopes reblogged this from midlifecrazyman
- wuxze likes this
- kenmurk likes this
- yer-gonna-miss-me-by-my-taco reblogged this from midlifecrazyman
- ahmadawad89 likes this
- midlifecrazyman posted this